Beach Fun, Walks & Caribbean Sunsets
Enjoy romantic walks, or laze on the white sandy beaches of Lava Flow, and enjoy a magical Caribbean sunset. Swim or stroll the secluded palm-shaded white sands of various beaches, like Apple Bay, Brewer’s Bay, Smuggler’s Cove, Long Bay Beach, Elizabeth Beach and Josiah’s Bay Beach. If you are an early riser (or party goer) you can witness a glorious sunrise from the villa.
Bird Watching & Natural Parks
Like birds and bonding with nature? Welcome to the Caribbean island of Tortola! There is also Little Fort National Park, a 36-acre area is a wildlife sanctuary can be found just south of the Yacht Harbour. Historically, the Spanish fortress, with some masonry walls existing on the hillside, including the Powder House structure ruins. If you are in season, you can witness turtle nesting at Valley Trunk Bay.
Why not rent a boat from Dede’s? Visit www.dedescharters.com for more information. Also contact Julien 284 340 0357
Cocktail Bars & Restaurants
- Anything Goes open seven days a week. Live entertainment weekly, BBQ menu on weekends. Cuisine: American, Caribbean, Local & Vegetarian. Accepts Visa, Master Card, Amex & Traveller’s Cheques.
- 1748 a popular beachfront deck restaurant. Part of an 18th-century sugar mill, it offers buffet breakfasts, as well as extensive lunch and dinner menus featuring anything from grills and fresh seafood to tasty local dishes. Accepts all Major Credit Cards & Traveller’s Cheques
- Abe’s By The Sea serving lunch and dinner, menu includes fresh lobster and conch (in-season). Accepts Visa, Master Card and Traveller’s Cheques.
- A & B located in the Great Harbour on Jost Van Dyke island, offering breakfast, lunch and dinner with friendly service. Accepts Traveller’s Cheques.
Film Movie Night
Stay in after dinner, have some drinks, get some popcorn ready and watch any film you like on Netflix.
The British Virgin Islands offer prime spots to get some serious fishing done. Abundant coral reefs, narrow straits, areas of calm and deep sea, Tortola Island is a prime location for any angler! Seven different charter fishing operators can take you to the best fishing spots. Big Ting Fishing Charters, Persistence Charters, Speedy’s Sport Fishing and Kiss Sport Fishing, among others.
Snorkelling can easily be learned and enjoyed by anyone who knows how to swim. Ideal locations on Tortola are found on its northwest coast, in the less crowded areas of the island. Naturally, you can snorkel on any coast, though the best spots are Smuggler’s Cove and Brewer’s Bay Snorkel Site, where off-shore reefs keep waters calm.
The Caribbean Sea is known as one of the best diving locations in the world. Clear azure waters, colourful coral reefs, a rich marine life and even wrecks (from the Pirates of the Caribbeans!). Scuba diving centres are numerous on Virgin Gorda, Jost Van Dyke, and Tortola, where there is:
- Blue Water Divers one of the best trusted centres, with both PADI certification training and daily dive excursions. Voted as the “Best Dive Shop” for several years in a row.
- We Be Divin‘ next to the cruise ship dock. Selling snorkels, scuba, and beach gear, as well as, scuba diving courses and PADI certification services, and private dive trips. Most unique offering is rendezvous diving where they sail out to sea and meet you on your boat to take you diving.
Explore sandy beaches, secluded blue lagoons, scenic barrier islands and diverse wildlife by kayak in crystal clear waters. Even better, get up close with acrobatic, intelligent dolphins in a pristine natural setting at Dolphin Discovery in Tortola. Several well-established rental locations throughout the island offer kite boarding, surfing, wind surfing, even island hopping. One thing is certain, there’s plenty of spots to head to, when the wind is blowing!
Surf Video from Villa